We all dream of having long and lustrous hairs. And here I am sharing a DIY with methi seeds. I can vouch for this as I use it on and off for more than 5 years and to my surprise it has never disappointed me. The main ingredient of this mask is Fenugreek/Methi seeds.
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 tablespoons crushed methi seeds
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Crush methi seeds and keep it in an airtight container.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the crushed methi seeds and soak it overnight in 2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). Here I am using American Garden’s ACV and one cup water. I have little above the waist length hair and two tablespoons of methi seeds are enough for me.
- Here I would suggest to lightly oil your hair overnight.
- Next morning, add 4 tablespoons of coconut oil to the soaked methi seeds and mix it well. Here I am using the Patanjali Coconut oil.
- Apply it all nicely on the roots and the cover each section and make it into a bun and keep it in position with a clutch. Keep it for 30 minutes – 1 hour and wash with a mild shampoo afterwards. I generally avoid conditioner as my hair feels silky and smooth naturally after this.
I have been using this hair pack for a very long time and it never fails to make my hair soft and smooth. If used regularly, it will help you get a soft strong hair and the much-needed shine. Methi also helps in getting rid of dandruff and flaky scalps. So, this pack is multi-purpose, stops hairfall, provides shine and helps in getting rid of dandruff.
- Don’t keep it for longer duration, it tends to make your hair dry.
- If you are combating hair loss, then use it once every week.
- It’s bit messy to remove, but that can be avoided by washing out the seeds with cold water and then apply the shampoo.
- Don’t worry if you see some seeds getting stuck in your hair even after wash. Once your hair dries, it will fall off itself
Do let me know if anyone has tried the above DIY with any variants