The hair is the richest ornament of women ~Martin Luther
Yes, that’s true and every woman dreams of having healthy voluminous hair. Today, I am going to share a homemade hair oil recipe which not only reduces hair fall but also reverses greying of hair. This hair oil can be made if you are not comfortable applying the onion juice on your hair(Click here to know more), which is hectic to incorporate in your everyday routine. So, here is an easy recipe for onion infused hair oil.
Ingredients we will need:
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- 1 gooseberry (amla) – finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 4-5 drops of any essential oil (optional)
So let’s get started
- In a bowl, mix half cup of coconut and olive oil and put it on low flame till it gets warm.
- Once it’s warm add the finely chopped onion, amla and garlic in the above mentioned quantity.
- Stir all the ingredients and let it stay on low flame for 10 mins so that the juices get released and gets absorbed with the oils.
- After 10 mins, switch off the burner and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once the oil is cool enough, strain the mixture and store it in a separate container. Apply this oil gently on your scalp in circular motion and wash it after 2 hours or better to keep it overnight. To avoid the smell of the oil, add few drops of essential oil of your choice. I happen to add the Stimulate oil.
This oil works great in stopping hair fall as it has onion and garlic, which are strong agents to fight hair fall. Not only that, after shampoo you will witness a soft silky hair even if you skip conditioner and the credits goes to onion. Amla in the oil helps in stopping grey hairs. This much quantity lasts for me for a week and then I make fresh batch.
Try this hair oil recipe, if you are not comfortable applying the onion juice directly on the scalp and let me know if any queries