Who on this planet loves tan? No one. Right? I get tanned very easily. If I go out without socks, then I can see the tan due to sun rays on my feet when I am back home in the evening
Body scrub helps in exfoliating the skin and getting rid of dead skin cells and tan. The result is soft and supple skin. I make my body scrubs at home and the reason for making it at home is that the ingredients are easily available in my kitchen and I can avoid harmful content. Most important of all is that I get it almost free of cost.
So here is one of the recipes which I love to the core and works well on my tanned skin.
Ingredients you will need:
- 3 tablespoons orange peel powder
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Rose water to make the paste
- Take 3 tablespoons of orange peel powder in a bowl. I would suggest to make orange peel powder at home. To know how to make orange peel powder at home (Click here).
- Add 2 tablespoons of rice flour as it adds to the scrubbing property. Add 1 tablespoon of sandal wood powder and same amount of turmeric. Mix them well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and right amount of rose water to the mixture. Make a paste that looks like image below.
- Now take this mixture with you while bathing and start applying on the tan affected area. Apply the paste and scrub gently.
- Leave this paste on your skin for 4-5 minutes. After that wet your hand with water and start scrubbing the pack off.
- Wash off the pack and tadaa!! You are done. Don’t forget to apply moisturizer after bath.
Usage: Use this body scrub at least thrice a week and the results will be visible within 2 weeks.
Since this scrub is homemade so we do not have to worry about any harmful ingredients. It’s effective in tan removal due to presence of lemon and orange peel which have high Vitamin C content. Rice flour adds to the scrubbing property. Sandalwood powder helps in binding the pack. Turmeric due to its anti-bacterial property will help in removing any pigmentation on the skin due to tan. So, this is an awesome scrub which gives you not only tan free skin but also soft and glowing skin.
Moreover, don’t forget to cover yourself from sun rays and of course NEVER forget to apply sunscreen before going out.
Let me know if you tried this scrub or if you have any queries